Where Excellence in Education is an Expectation.
Nineveh-Hensley-Jackson United Schools will..
Provide a rigorous and relevant curriculum based upon local, state, and national standards.
Work together with parents and community so all students have the potential to learn and show academic growth.
Integrate technology to facilitate instruction, enhance student learning, and provide effective communication.
Maintain clean, safe, and updated facilities and equipment.
Encourage and develop a culture of excellence with our faculty, staff, students, programming, and facilities.
Model high standards of behavior so that character traits of service, compassion, integrity, and respect are evident in our daily actions.
Nineveh-Hensley-Jackson United School Corporation will be recognized as a high performing, greatly respected, safe, encouraging, and dynamic environment that will prepare students and build community pride.
- We will accomplish this vision through:
- Developing a passion and commitment to excellence
- Hiring highly qualified and student – centered employees
- Implementing a strongly integrated technological curriculum
- Creating a culture of service
- Prioritizing financial expenses and maximizing resources
- Maintaining a continual improvement process
- Marketing our successes, accomplishments, and endeavors
STRATEGIES FOR GOAL #1
To create an authentic, engaging, digital curriculum map that is student-centered, data driven, and standards based.
- Implement and monitor a professional development calendar, which provides staff ongoing opportunities to create, review, and analyze curriculum maps for all subject areas:
- Building-based Wednesday PD time devoted to the continuous monitoring process.
- Half-day PD time devoted to subject area/grade level discussion and curriculum mapping.
- Gather and prioritize resources provided by IDOE to support local curriculum maps.
- Utilize PD opportunities to invite curriculum mapping experts for assistance.
- Implement a common training process for the creation of common formative assessments.
STRATEGIES FOR GOAL #2
To achieve and maintain A grades for all NHJ schools.
- Develop annual school attendance goals
- b) Create and maintain positive reinforcement for student attendance.
- Utilize family resource program for attendance.
- Academic Interventions
- Utilize research-based interventions
- Through student progress monitoring, evaluate and assign appropriate interventions.
- Develop and maintain a multi-tiered intervention system (RTI) to support student learning.
- Test results
- Educate staff and students about state assessment formatting.
- Align curriculum to align with IDOE priority standards.
- Utilize a reliable formative assessment piece to drive instruction and remediation.
- Develop vocabulary programs that familiarize students with testing vocabulary words.
- Rehearse testing atmosphere and activities at every grade level.
- Educate stakeholders about all testing data.
- Create strategic data analysis meetings, in which teachers develop student learning goals.
- Curriculum Mapping
- Maintain consistent opportunities for curriculum mapping and collaborative conversations.
- Integrate best practices in learning activities on curriculum maps.
- Provide consistent professional development opportunities to maintain best practices.
- Develop common formative assessments to inform curriculum maps and daily instruction.
STRATEGIES FOR GOAL #3
To continue graduating over 90% of our high school seniors.
- To expand current credit recovery program by providing more choices for student success and more training for supervisory expectations.
- Redefine ICLC alternative education programming to include clearly articulated entrance level requirements and to synthesize social and emotional coping skills.
- Develop and implement a robust and relevant Response to Intervention program for specified mathematics and English courses.
- Enforce current statutory language pertaining to student driver licensing stipulations and academic requirements.
STRATEGIES FOR GOAL #4
To efficiently use and maintain our school websites, promotional video, and social media outlets.
- Create a committee to look at website vendors and other school websites.
- Create and maintain a new, user-friendly school corporation website.
- Place as many informational items online as possible.
- Update upcoming events on a regular basis.
- Link website to various social media sites.
- Post current past communications (i.e. memos, newsletters, etc.)
- Create and distribute a promotional school corporation video.
- Improve communication methods using social media outlets.
- Conduct inventory of social media users, followers, likes, and frequencies of postings.
- Maintain a Facebook and Twitter account for the corporation and each building.
- Analyze any other social media trends.
- Maintain and improve communication methods with local media outlets.
- Contact about big events with local newspapers should be at least one time each semester.
- Each school should appoint one person to be the media contact for positive stories.
- Teachers should contact respective individual responsible for local media coverage.
- Develop strong partnerships with specified parent and community groups.
- Each school should have a parent group that regularly meets with administration.
- Invite local businesses into the school for service and promotional opportunities.
- Maintain strong relationships with local ministerial associations.
STRATEGIES FOR GOAL #5
To establish a robust and comprehensive preventative maintenance program for all buildings and grounds.
- Take inventory of all our HVAC equipment.
- Semi-annual inspections are conducted.
- Units are cleaned during inspections.
- Take inventory of all serviceable equipment.
- Different pieces of equipment will be inspected based on service needs.
- Conduct quarterly inspections of all buildings’ roofing membrane.
- Inspect for holes, tears, and adhesion issues.
- Clean roof drains and scuppers.
- Conduct annual inspections of all parking lots.
- Repair current mortar joints (i.e. tuckpointing) and EIFS at all buildings
- Keep a consistent lawn care program.
- Maintain a quick and efficient snow removal process