Indian Creek Seeks Nominations for Athletic Hall of Fame
January 21, 2022 Author: Indian Creek Schools
Indian Creek Athletics is accepting applications for the Indian Creek High School Athletic Hall of Fame.
Nominations via online submissions are due by midnight, Monday, February 7.
Awards will be presented to new inductees at halftime of the Varsity Boys Basketball game on February 22. If you have questions regarding the progress, please contact Derek Perry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guidelines for Nomination and Selection
The ICHS Athletic Hall of Fame was established as a way to honor the athletes, teams and coaches who have made significant contributions to our Indian Creek athletic programs.
Composition of Committee
- Athletic Director
- ICHS Principal
- Three to five IC coaches
At Large Members
- One to two community members
- One to two teachers
- One to two alumni
- Individual students and teams are eligible 10 years after graduation.
- Coaches must have a minimum of five years of coaching at Indian Creek.
- Nominated by current/former coach, administrator, community member or teammate and approved by the committee.
- Individual or team advancement past the sectional tournament.
- All-American, All-State, All-County, All-Conference, and/or school record holder.
- Coach inducted into the state or national Hall of Fame.
- Coach named "Coach of the Year" by peers, media or sports organization.
- Participated in collegiate athletics.
- Participated in professional athletics.
- Athlete of the Year at Indian Creek.
- Academic success.
- Lettered in two or more sports.
Each year the selection committee will choose between one and three recipients.
A Hall of Fame area will be located at Indian Creek High School and inductees will be recognized at an annual event in February.