Here Is How Parents Can Apply for Free, Reduced Meals
July 20, 2020 Author: Indian Creek Schools
Children need healthy meals to learn. Nineveh-Hensley-Jackson United School Corporation offers healthy meals every school day. Breakfast costs $1.50 to $1.55; lunch costs $2.55 to $2.65. Your children may qualify for free meals or for reduced price meals. Reduced price is $.30 for breakfast and $.40 for lunch.
Applications need to be updated each year.
Family qualification includes:
- All children in households receiving benefits from SNAP (Food Stamps) or TANF are eligible for free meals.
- Foster children that are under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court are eligible for free meals.
- Children participating in their school’s Head Start program are eligible for free meals.
- Children who meet the definition of homeless, runaway, or migrant are eligible for free meals.
- Children may receive free or reduced-price meals if your household’s income is within the limits on the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines. Your children may qualify for free or reduced-price meals if your household income falls at or below the limits on this chart.