CHANGING THE FACE OF INDIAN CREEK SCHOOLS
In one of our largest projects in decades, Indian Creek Schools is constructing a new Fieldhouse and Auditorium.
The projects replace an auditorium (constructed in 1976) and a student activities center. Both buildings will be attached to the rear of the high school, with the existing natatorium between them.
- 68,000 square feet of space
- Suspended track
- Three regulation basketball courts
- Wrestling room
- Multipurpose room
- Weight room
- Cardio fitness room
- Concession area
- 26,700 square feet of space
- State-of-the-art auditorium
- 916 seats for audiences
- Theatrical lighting
- Fly curtails
- Scene shop
- Orchestra pit and shell
Cost - Approximately $30 million to $33.5 million
Funding - Bond financing for this project will raise the overall school tax rate by 10 cents, in addition to other revenue sources.
Public Process - After two 1028 public hearings regarding the funding proposal in November and December of 2019, the public had 30 days to file a remonstrance or a petition against the proposed increase. No remonstrance was filed. The project is not expensive enough to warrant a referendum. Therefore, this project is proceeding as planned.
Lancer+Beebe earned the Best in Category / K-12 Education award at the biennial International Interior Design Association, Indiana Chapter 2021 IDEA Awards.
Since 1908, Hagerman has been a leader in the construction industry, earning the trust of their clients and providing innovative ideas to further develop efficient delivery of construction services.
THE VIEW FROM ABOVE
Here is the latest update:
September 2023 Activities
- The Auditorium’s Stage Curtains have been installed
- The project’s punchlist was issued and began to be worked on
- The Auditorium’s carpet installation was completed
- The State & Local Inspectors completed preliminary walkthroughs
- The Auditorium’s remaining Wood Veneer (Misorder) was not correct and has been reordered
October 2023 Activities
- The project remaining Asphalt Paving is scheduled to be completed The project’s concrete floor sealing will be completed
- The project’s punchlists work will continue
- The State & Local Inspectors will be scheduled to complete their final walkthroughs
FOOTBALL FIELD TURF PROJECT DEDICATION
Indian Creek Schools dedicated the new turf football field at the varsity field on September 9, 2022 with the largest crowd in recorded history.
It was a great day for our community to celebrate the completion of this portion of the construction project and to help cheer the Braves onto victory.
NEW SOFTBALL FIELD
August 11, 2021
WHAT THEY ARE SAYING
about the project
"The construction of a new auditorium and fieldhouse will change the face of our NHJ school campus, but, more importantly, these two new facilities will allow our students to perform and compete at a higher level that will significantly improve and grow our fine arts and athletic programs. Exciting times to be at The Creek!"
- Dr. Tim Edsell, NHJ United School Corporation Superintendent
"As a long-time educator in our community, I am thrilled to work with the school board to bring this project to fruition. We look forward to watching our students, staff, and community benefit from this expansion."
- Judy Misiniec, NHJ United School Corporation Board President.