High School Updates Schedule
February 19, 2021 Author: Luke Skobel, Indian Creek High School
Dear ICHS Parent(s)/Guardian(s):
I have no doubt many of you are excited that NHJUSC will be ending our Hybrid Learning model today. This means starting next Monday, February 22, all ICHS students are to report to school for class unless they have chosen to be a remote learner. My letter today is meant to outline our expectations for ALL high school students and explain how ICHS is going to operate on a daily basis. Please understand that this situation and model are still fluid and while we have put together a plan based on best practices, adjustments may still be necessary.
- Remote learners and quarantined students must be present & participate in Google Meet to be counted as present for the class.
- Central 9 is running their hybrid schedule through February 26. Next week, C9 students will be allowed to leave on Tuesday, Wednesday, & Friday at 10:45 a.m. if they have their own transportation. If they do not have transportation they will spend the remainder of the day in the library.
- We will resume allowing students to leave at the start of IRP if they are passing all their classes. All students who are failing any class must report to IRP (including C9 students starting March 1). Work-based learning students are the only exception to this expectation.
Attendance and Grading
- ALL STUDENTS (including remote learners & quarantine students) are expected to be in class on Google Meet or in the traditional classroom. Attendance will be taken based on students being present and participating in the classroom or in the Google Meet.
- Assignments will be due as assigned by the teacher, regardless of whether students are remote, traditional, or quarantined.
Google Meet Expectations
- A link to the Google Meet will be on each course’s Canvas page. If joining the meet by video is not working for a student, they can join by telephone. The phone number will also be on each Canvas page. The daily schedule is attached to this letter.
- Google Meet will be an OPEN meet from 8:10 A.M. - 3:30 P.M. However, if students join outside of their scheduled class period, they could be joining a different subject.
- If the teacher does not need your student to be on the Google Meet the entire class period, they will let students know. If students are excused to leave the Meet, they are welcome to stay on as long as they need or rejoin if they have questions/need help.
If you have questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out to your student’s teacher, Mr. Wallace, or Mr. Skobel.